Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Which Places To Visit in Skiathos?

Blue Chairs

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Have you been to Skiathos? <div></div><div>I dont need accomodation, just some recommendations for nice places to visit & ... EAT!
</div><div>(I'm stopping in Achladies)</div><div></div><div>BCx</font></div>

Jan 11, 2012
manchesterish
Hi Brian here anywhere away from the port up the side streets so many to choose from and the majority eat on the front BUT can recommend the fish taverna at the end (thats to the right ) in the port expensive but really good food well presented and cooked.
<div>The beauty of the island is that there is only 1 main road and 17 bus stops when you ask people who have been to the island its usually "oh we stayed at bus stop 12" not the resort ... all the beaches are good but at the bus terminus at the far off the island does tend to get busy in the day ... car hire is ok but youll waste money if you hire for a week as the bus takes you everywhere you like unmades the roads to the north of the island I wouldnt go he expense ... but have to admit we never found a bad eatery just enjoy we have several times</div>

Jan 11, 2012
manchesterish
Ime amazed that there have been very few comments on this wonderful island.
<div>If we hadnt built on Corfu this island is my second favourite place in Greece and would easily have built there.</div>
<div>Blue chairs just enjoy the island.</div>

rocdoc

Jan 11, 2012
lowestoft
We stayed in Koukanaries which has the most fabulous beach if rather busy. Banana beach is nearby and if you enjoy the sight of naked middle aged germans thats the place for you! However a short walk takes you to the other side of the island and there are some lovely beaches and walks there. The town is very nice though I must admit we did not spend much time there. A trip to Skopelos is rewarding.

Mar 9, 2012
Christchurch
Have a meal up at the Windmill which overlooks the town and the runway. It must be hell cooking in such a small kitchen in the heat of summer but what a nice place to have a really special meal.

G

Skiathos is fabulous we have been quite a few times stayed in Achladies not sure if I've spelt that right! Also stated in Agia Peraskevi also Troulos. Agia Pereskevi got quite a few tavernas to choose from but with such a great bus service you can eat at any of the resorts along the bus route.
We also went to Skopelos for a few days very nice and also Alonisos which is smaller but all 3 great for a chilled relaxed holiday.

Jan 11, 2012
South Wales
Definitely use the bus to go to the villages between Skiathos Town and Koukinares. Its been many years since we did Skiathos, but the bus was always fun. I used to worry that we might not get on sometimes when going back to Troulos from the Town, but people just packed on and anyone with cakes had them squashed! Troulos had some nice tavernas but I guess they will all have changed now, but also a lovely sandy beach to for a days visit. so worth a go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors