Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

When do you pack for the holiday?

how soon before do you pack that case?

• start planning/packing weeks ahead

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • day or two before

• the night before I fly

• the morning I fly

• if you are male, never, the wife does it for me!

• Total voters

sooz

Jan 11, 2012
Ipswich England
Call me sad, but all year round I plan things to take. If I'm given a gift I always wonder if it will do to take on holiday and whether it should be put in the holiday case or used before!<div>Sue</div>

elizajay

Jan 11, 2012
Great Britain
sooz, we are sistas! i have a bag permanently at the ready in the spare room, toiletries/clothes and jewellery are placed in it in between holidays.......as and when I see something....for me it's part of the fun

Nobles

Jan 11, 2012
Tyne and Wear
I have a small set of drawers (really they are small!) and keep extra bogofs/3 for 2 toiletries to use for any unexpected trips and I have a "holiday wardrobe" that is permanently kept in my suitcase so I am ready to go at any time! However I do like to plan what I'm taking with me (and freshen up our clothes) so start thinking about this a couple of weeks before. Depending when we fly I usually pack the night or morning before we travel.<div>Rita</div>

BruceAndMaria

Jan 11, 2012
KOSTAS BAR
Well It always amazes me how my clothes get to Corfu...one minute they are hanging up at home the next they are hanging up in the wardrobe in our apartment..It's the same with the things I take off..one minute they are on the floor, I look around and hey presto they are washed, ironed and hanging up...and this is why I believe in fairies.

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Bruce</DIV>

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
We make list of the clothes we did not use last time and ensure we do not pack the item next time, our cases stay open in the spare room between holidays and are vitually ready to go.

BruceAndMaria

Jan 11, 2012
KOSTAS BAR
Hi Lizzy,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Did youuntick this when you started this poll[]Allow Multiple Votes In This Poll</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Only it seems that some blighter has been voting rather a lot on the last optionand is in second place..thought I tell you in case somemembers thought this poll was rigged
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Bruce</DIV>

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
If it's an early morning flight, we pack the night before.

If an afternoon flight, on the day in the morning.

If it's a 'Night Flight' were not going, too old now for that kind of holiday which should be reserved for the 18-30's

Oh and yes Bruce is correct, the poll is open to 'abuse'

BruceAndMaria

Jan 11, 2012
KOSTAS BAR
Hi Dave,
<DIV>Your never to old mate for anything...I don't intend to sit in my rocker with a shawl around my shoulders for a few years yet..</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Night flights are right up my ally, no rushing around in the mornings getting to airports,besides who would wake upthe 18-30'sin ourparty to tell them we are landing soonif their old dad/grandad wasn't there.
</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Bruce
</DIV>

G

I have a dilemma this year!!! We are going to Sidari for two weeks!!!

Pete is already having a hissy fit due to the fact that I have already got one suitcase full already (that's without all my shoes and handbags and other nik naks!!!)

I am now attempting to scale things down (but only a little bit)...

Poor Pete will only have room for his flip flops, i pod and a couple of pairs of boxers at this rate!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors