Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

When Are You Too Old To Wear A Bikini?

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
As a 57 year old great grandma, size 12, couple of wobbly bits (but not too bad) - when should one go from bikini to tankini or swimsuit. Is there an age where one should grow old gracefully?

granny annie

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Definitely not, growing old disgraceful is a lot more fun. If I was a size 12 I would wear a bikini with pride.A s it is I'm a size 18, 64 year old, I won't be donning a bikini this holiday, but as we have a private pool I have promised myself to do something I have always wanted to do and that's to go skinny dipping. But in my case I am renaming it to chunky dunking.
So get them bikinis in your case girl and enjoy wearing them. Lol Ann x

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Dis gracefully all the way!! I say. A size 12 is so OK! I am 56 and a size 14 and am taking my bikinis away with me still!! Against my daughters advice really. But hey you only here once! Go for it! Aud x

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
Well Im 63 size 14 and always worn a bikini and still do around villa pool, totally private anyway and skinnydipping not a problem. For the beach when wearing a bikini just grab a coverup when Im walking around. For family holidays with the grandchildren or the two of us in a hotel I wear a onepiece as think it looks more elegant but not so comfy as a bikini and I end up with a very pale `middle bit' as I tan quickly. You should wear what you feel suits you

Dollbot

Jan 28, 2013
cheshire
Bikini all the way!! I'm 52 and size 14 and OK I probably shouldn't be wearing my bikini but hey nobody knows me and it's not like I would walk around in it, that would definitely not be pretty. Like Frilly says it's whatever suits you, you're on your holidays, that's our favourite saying

Apr 19, 2013
Cheltenham
I won't be wearing a bikini- however, I'm a big fan of whatever makes you happy (obviously within reason!) Its not hurting anyone, and I often think if others dont like it, they can lump it! Can't please everyone!

May 16, 2012
Sunderland
My partner has the ideal solution to this question - a final-year fashion student daughter! As a mere male I would never express an opinion on what a lady should or should not wear, but a daughter is probably a better source for a reliable opinion. Friends (and men) tend to lean towards not hurting ones feelings. I once saw a lady trying hats in a shop. Her friends all oohed and aahed and cooed and said it looked great as the lady had said she loved it. It wasn't, it was horrid. But at the end of the day the choice is yours, if you are comfortable with it go for it. My partner has reached the age when she is going to wear purple and spend her pension on brandy! (check out the poem Warning, by Jenny Jones, you can Google it).

Feb 9, 2013
north yorkshire
Listen love, if you've got the figure (sounds as though you have) you go for it, what I do hate to see is women who are obviously a couple of sizes bigger than the bikini they are wearing. As for age its just a number, I'm 71 & believe me I would still wear one if everything hadn't already gone south!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors