Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

What Is Behind Main Street

G

We have only drove through Messonghi but this year plan to stop for lunch, could anyone tell me what is actually behind the main street?

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
Do you mean in Messonghi or Benitses? If the former there really is only the one street, but Benitses goes back up the hill. The old village is very pretty, contains 2 main churches, and some more tavernas. From there you can walk up to the Victorian waterworks above the village.

G

Hi sorry I mean Benitsis, thank you WE are going to Messonghi but this time I want to have lunch & have a look round Benitsis as my hubby always says as we pass through "there will be nothing behind main street" he obviously wrong! I knew there must be more to it. Is it a steep walk to churches etc

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
No a gentle slope through the village- bit more of a climb up to the waterworks. There are several parts to the village, all with their own names and character.
The main street is actually the one going up through the village, the row of tavernas and bars originally fronted on the sea before the wall was built years ago to prevent flooding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors