Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Village website

Dennis

Jan 11, 2012
England
Really great to have the Corfu Travel Guide Forums back again !! They are so useful for people wishing to visit Corfu for the 1st time including those who have chosen to visit Agios Georgios, whether for the 1st time or 20th.
This beautiful resort is known by several names all of which mean 'St.George'. To distinguish it from a similarly named resort in the south of the island it has been known as 'Agios Georgios north' or maybe more correctly (but less well-known by visitors) 'Agios Georgios Pagon (or Pagi) after the name of the nearby village of Pagi. It is often referred to locally as 'San George'.

Dennis

nuffstrong

Jan 11, 2012
Yorkshire
I have a place in Agios Georgios and I can honestly say that for those who like a peaceful holiday next to a beautiful sandy beach with a handful of lovely tavernas overlooking it.. Agios Georgios NW is certainly worth a look.

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Nuffstrong, we have a place in Makrades and often walk the old mule trail down to Agios Georgios NW. The views at the top of the trail looking down over the AG bay and the islands is one of our favourite panoramas on the island. It is not so much fun walking back up again!<div></div><div>Last October we thought we saw schools of Dolphins in the entrance to the bay, we were a long way up the hill, but it looked as though they were all leaping out of the water and we counted hundreds. Do you think this is possible - or were we just looking at small breaking waves?</div><div></div><div>Marisa</div>

Dennis

Jan 11, 2012
England
Marisa
That view from the old trail is magnificent and I can sit for ages on the wall staring out over the bay.

In my fitter days I used to jog to Makrades from Agios Georgios once every holiday but now I am afraid it is a car trip to Makrades and walk down to enjoy the view. View from top:-

Dennis

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors