Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Sidari car hire

jonffs

Feb 19, 2012
chesterfield
Hi, we are going to Sidari mid July and looking to hire a car for 13 days, Im looking for a hire car company that allows hire cars off the island as we are looking at driving down to Athens (I know 500km) but thats half the fun of what we will see along the way, needless to say it has to be fully comp insurance and have a breakdown recovery plan, has any one ever done this? or know of a decent hire car company?</font></span>

Agni

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
I'm not sure which agents will let you take the car off the island. (Are you planning to return it - or drop it off in Athens?) Maybe Herts/Avis will be your only options.<div>
</div><div>Otherwise, I am happy to help with any questions concerning the route - I have done this several times (to go down to our Crete office) and will be going again in June.</div><div>
</div><div>Agni
<div>
</div><div>
</div></div>

Agni

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
1 Night? How many people will you be? Maybe it would be easier to fly? Aegean have some special offers on and you can fly, return, mid July for just 135 Euros inc all the taxes.<div>
</div><div>
</div>

Elliemay

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
Kavadades
Hi,<div>Would it be better to park at the port in Corfu, take the ferry over and then hire a car on the mainland for that one day?</div>

Agni

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
Make sure it is unlimited mileageIgumenitsa to Athens must be about a 6 hour drive (each way)

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
I don't know if they do this, but you could try Value Plus. We have used them for around 15 years. At least they should be able to advise you. Lovely couple, Sophie and Yiannis. You can contact them at info@corfucarrentals.com No obligation. Good Luck. Moyra

Graham T-A

Jan 11, 2012
Kentroma and Long Eaton
We have done this route a couple of times and the views are fantastic but hardly worth the cost and drive for one day. I agree with Debbie (Orchard) on this one, better to take the bus and enjoy the scenery. It really is an amazing trip.
<DIV></DIV>If you do drive make sure you visit Corinth in at least one direction!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>P.S. </DIV>
<DIV>I still havn't forgive Debbie and George for going to Spinalonga (Σπιναλόγκα) before me.
</DIV>

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
I would agree about the drive to Athens. Your way would probably be the most expensive.
We have used Valueplus for many years. A great couple - wouldn't go anywhere else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors