Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Sidari 2017

jo s

Apr 21, 2017
scotland
Returning to Sidari this summer after 9 years away, just wondering if any of the bars and restaurants are still the same or has all changed?

jo s

Apr 21, 2017
scotland
Hi, well its been 9 years and I'm not getting any younger. haha. A quick list- The Three Pigs, The Olympic, Billy and Theo's, Phoenix Bar, San Remo and some I cant remember the names but could take you there, the wee Italian down a wee side road that does brilliant cheesy garlic bread ... Im sure more will come to mind the more I think about it.

G

The Italian behind the church is still there. As is The Three Pigs.I don't recognise the other names, but some of them might be.

You won't recognise the back of Caesar's - that was starting to look like those parks around Pripyat after Chernobyl blew up, but it was remodelled all fancy-like last year.

mrsm

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
I don't recognise the other names - but there is plenty of choice for places to eat. There is also Kellys Ice House up near the top end of the strip and down a side street - they do stunning ice cream desserts, Jeni's is a great place for homemade cakes and snacks - that's just across from The Three Little Pigs. Our first visit to Sidari was in 2001 when we found it very lively! We went back in 2211 and have been going ever since but are now older and prefer the quieter places now so stay just at the top end were we have found the bars/restaurants quieter. We fly out on Monday 1st May for our first visit of the year and then again in September. Hope you have a great time!<div>
</div>

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Three Pigs is still there and San Remo (2 storey now). Olympic has been gone a few years. I don't remember Phoenix - where was it? Or do you mean Venus Bar? If so, it's still there. Billy and Theo's is gone - it's now Scooby's Bar. Moyra<div>
</div><div>
</div>

G

Hmm - Caesar's is back to a bombsite again. Bizarre that it's not just abandoned, but the bars and counters they did build a few years ago have been torn down and the fountain filled with concrete.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors