Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Ryanair Follows easyJet

NIGEL

Jan 11, 2012
Bolton England
Just a clip from their press release, allocated seats just like EJ, nice!<div></div><div>Ryanair is pleased to announce in today’s results that it will from 1 Feb 2014 move to fully allocated seating on all Ryanair flights, making the boarding process smoother, and enabling families or other groups to ensure that they sit together. Passengers will still be able to choose our popular reserved seating service (select front row or over-wing seats), or alternatively select seats elsewhere on the aircraft, as long as they check-in more than 24 hours prior to the date of departure. All passengers who don’t wish to pay a small fee (€5) to select their preferred seats will be allocated seats during the 24 hours prior to the date of scheduled departure. This return to allocated seating is Ryanair’s response to the enormous demand from our customers in recent weeks via Ryanair’s “Tell MOL” customer feedback initiative. Ryanair’s decision to launch fully allocated seating is also part of the airline’s commitment to listen to its customers, and improve its industry leading customer service which comprises Europe’s lowest air fares, most on-time flights, fewest lost bags, and fewest customer complaints.</div><div></div><div></div>

pam

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
But with EJ your seat is allocated when you check in...up to a month before you fly. If you check in together you are usually allocated seats together too, (at no extra charge, although you can't pick which seats!) at least this is our experience when we fly to Jersey, which we do quite often.

Elliemay

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
Kavadades
Hi,<div>We just pay the totally expensive cost of £3.00 to make sure we get an aisle seat each. Don't like to feel trapped. Only traveled with Ryanair one but the cabin crew didn't seem to gel. Was a total mish mash and I also got told off for standing up. Excuse me, I have a bad back and can't sit for three hours. On easyJet, that was not a problem at all.</div>

BruceAndMaria

Jan 11, 2012
KOSTAS BAR
I never booked any seats this time but Easyjet have already allocated our seats when I booked our flights and we don't fly until next August.<div></div><div>So just so you know what seats not to sit inhere they are 7D 7E 7F going and8A 8B 8C coming home
</div>

DAVID1

Jan 11, 2012
Neath Wales
I flew to Barcelona with easyJet last week - the first time since they introduced allocated seating. I was with my oldest Son. We didn't pay for any preferred seats. I found it a refreshing and pleasant change to have allocated seating. There was no unseemly scrum which has happened in the past.

What hasn't changed is people queueing for the flight. This was particularly the case on the way back when there was a delay and people stood in a queue for almost an hour. We just sat down and waited and were in fact almost the last on. Our allocated seats were of course waiting for us!

David

BruceAndMaria

Jan 11, 2012
KOSTAS BAR
Hi David, <div></div>Some things will never change, some people will stilltry tobe first at the boarding gateso they can get the mostroom in the overhead lockers, some people will unbuckle their seat belts before the plane comes to a stop just so thatthey are first off the plane andup thefront ofthe passport queue and so on and so on...it's life and death to some of them.
<div></div><div></div>Bruce

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors