Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Question About Buying A Sim Card/Phone

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
I am going to have to phone home twice a day while I am in Sidari for two weeks in July (for peace of mind so I can enjoy my holiday) and I am wondering if it will be cheaper for me to buy a sim card while I am there as using my EE contract phone will be extortionate!! This is a silly question, I am planning to buy a really cheap mobile to put the sim card in and was going to get one before I go, but I not sure if the sim cards I would buy in Greece would only go in a certain type of mobile - would anyone know? Also, I am guessing I can buy sim cards in Sidari (just thought I would check). Thank you

sue avrio

Jan 11, 2012
essex/kalami
Have you checked whether EE may have an option for Europe travel. For instance Vodafone call it eurotraveller and I pay £2.50 per day to use my normal call, text and data usage. I did use Greek phone in the past but this is much easier as I know exactly how much I am spending each day. You only pay for the days you use.

G

You can buy phone cards for 5 euros and use them on public phones. With the SAT card you get nearly 5 hours talk time per card.

Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
If you and the person have a smart phone and have wifi available in your resort you could then make calls over skype or viber.<div>These calls would then be free.</div>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors