Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Mosquito Remedy???

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if this will be of any help to anyone - after many many years of going abroad and to Scotland and trying all the sprays, lotions and potions out there to combat Mosquito bites as they love me - I gave up on not getting bit and we have just been to Sidari/home for two weeks and I decided to just use the usual citronella mix, but take lots of antihistamine bite creams to treat the bites.<div>
</div><div>Anyway, they were particularly ferocious this year - even my husband got bit, which is unheard of. On the third night after being eaten on the second night we went to one of the supermarkets down the high street/strip - I'm not sure of the name of it, it is the one where the older gentleman sits outside on a chair in the evening and all the fruit and veg is on a stall near the front. I brought a bottle of anti bite spray - it was a white plastic bottle, with blue and red writing in Greek and the only English word on it was 'family' - WOW, it is the first thing I have actually found in over 20 years that worked and did not spell like urine!!!</div><div>
</div><div>It was brilliant, consistency of water and clear, smell not overpowering/obvious and apparentley Mosquito's absolutely hate the taste of it - I could actually feel them crawling around my ankles as they were unable to bite me and inject me with anaesthetic!! </div><div>
</div><div>I went through about 8 bottles in total over the two weeks but it is only cheap and the only time I got bit after my second night and I discovered this spray was once at the very top of my leg just below my shorts where I obviously had not sprayed - hubby never got bit again. Even waiting outside the airport for our midnight flight, we never got one bite - think I am still in shock
It is thoroughly recommended.</div>

May 16, 2012
Northumberland
Wife is usually the same has allergic reactions to mossie bites but found some equally brill stuff on Internet called Lifesystems Expedition Plus (spray and cream) only got one small bite on back of shoulder over two week period, never been known!

G

Wendy, if it had a bright red cap, which from your description it does, it is the latest Autan, not as smelly as the old Autan, but works just as well.
I have found it works well for me, spray, roll on, or whatever they have.
Bob.

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Thanks Bob, that was the name of it and did not smell of strong urine whoop whoop!!!<div>
</div><div>I will keep an eye out for that on the internet Barrie for next year - it really was nice not to have to go through tubes of antihistamine cream and look like I had measles!!!
</div>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors