Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Jasmine Apartments

G

Has anyone stayed at the Jasmine Apartments? They seem to be just back from the shore out towards the East river. They looked to be around the cheapest on Booking.com with a pool and all very good reviews.

I'm still not sure if Monika are available through Olympic this year, but anyway I only want 5 or 6 days, not 7, as I'm going to risk it and go on the SqueasyJet this year. I tried the number someone gave on here for the Monika, but I presume it's all closed up at the moment so no-one's able to talk directly to any of the hotels. If they do use another booking service, I haven't found it.

razaker

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
We where at the Monika last year & found the staff & owners brilliant. They did say that Olympic weren't renewing there contract for 2014 but we're still optimistic they would.

G

razaker said:
We where at the Monika last year & found the staff & owners brilliant. They did say that Olympic weren't renewing there contract for 2014 but we're still optimistic they would.
They appear in both the brochure, and on-line (for a limited period over June/July/August). But then the brochure will have been produced even before the end of last season.

Still, as I said, I'm going with EasyJet, and so not on the usual 7-night sequence you get with Olympic bookings. But I don't see any costs per night listed for them.

But no-one's familiar with the Jasmine?

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Have a look at Othonas Apartments. Family run, beautiful gardens and pool/pool bar. Available by the night. They have a FB page under Othonas Apts . You could also try Chrysanthi Apartments, also on FB. Good luck. Moyra<div>
</div>

G

I've already got a booking, and have seen those others, though I'd probably cancel it if I could get a room at the Monika; I just wondered if anyone knew what the Jasmine was like. Or how reliable reservations like this are through Booking.com.

There's an inherent problem here that flights are getting booked up very early, but if the hotels are out of contact until April or whatever then it's hard to co-ordinate the two.

What is clear is that several booking sites (including EasyJet's own) are actually just thinly disguised versions of Booking.com's own system, since they all share exactly the same images, information and 'last n rooms remaining' flashes. And most of the apartments' own websites seem to be just a few photos thrown together on a webpage and abandoned. I presume they leave the actual booking to either travel agents or the likes of Booking.com - but they could at least link to those sites to suggest they know what they're doing!

As for the thought of needing Facebook to be able to book a holiday in future...

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Only meant you could look at photos - see reviews/comments- get contact information. Didn't realise you'd already booked Jasmine. Sorry.<div>
</div>

G

It's fine, it's just most of the people I know who tell me 'oh you should be on Facebook' are the last people I would accept an invitation to 'share daily updates' from!

I preferred somewhere nearer the beach, and the east river is a nice area (the central river was a bit smelly last year, and the west cliff area is more expensive). But if there's a problem or somewhere better comes up I can always cancel and try somewhere else. I'm just a bit wary when I can only find one site that references the place, and that's the one taking the booking.

Having said that, I have just found a Facebook page for the Jasmine Apartments...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors