Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

How Long

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
How long do you think it will take to drive from Sidari to Kavos been going to Corfu for years and never been there but on a mission this year to drive there x<div></div>

Agni

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2012
Depends the time of year. I would guess it would take almost 2 hours. I've driven several times from Agni to Kavos (to catch a speedboat taxi to Paxos - if you must ask!). 40 minutes to town and then almost a hour down to Kavos. Would be quicker in the winter of course when you are not stuck behind a bus!<div>
</div><div>
</div>

Jan 11, 2012
manchesterish
Ican remember when it took nearly 5 hours but hey,I had a rubbish hire car.
<div></div>
<div>We did Roda to Lefkimmi in 2 1/2 hours in July 2010.</div>
<div></div>
<div>All depends on how many caoches you get stuck behind.</div>
<div></div>
<div>If you do take the time Sedgie stop in Lefkimmi by the river still unspoilt typical Greek town .</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Thanks guys will be in July, can't wait. Planning on having an early start one morning and promise of McDonalds lunch to motivate teenager xx If it's still there of course.<div></div>

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Last time we did the drive, we wished we hadn't bothered. Kavos, as you probably know, has been ruined by the influx of young British drunken holidaymakers. The Greeks admit they made a big mistake, for which they are now reaping the 'rewards'

We couldn't wait to head north again.
So many more places to visit on this beautiful island, although I still have fond memories of our visits in the early 80s, when there were around 3 tavernas, and not much else, apart from the beautiful beach, free sunbeds and a solitary donkey tied to a tree

DAVID1

Jan 11, 2012
Neath Wales
razaker said:
Ivenever been south of Corfu town before, may be I should venture down there meself..
You haven't lived!!
I haven't ever got to Kavos but ended up fairly close. I must admit that doing the Sidari-Kavos run is rather appealing. I might give it a go - or at least something fairly similar - in September.

The distance between the two resorts is 81 Kilometers or 50.3 Miles. I feel that two hours is probably reasonable but as others have pointed out it would probably be best to allow more time. That will almost certainly apply in July.

Enjoy the journey however long it takes you!

David

Mrs Mushypea

Jan 11, 2012
Bolton Greater Manchester
You should give it a whirl David, my son said it was a pretty easy journey and he did the run sometime in July. They set off just before lunchtime I think, him and a Greek local and apart from getting through the miriad of traffic in Corfu Town, he said it was a good journey, although he said he looked like a freshly cooked lobster by the time he returned back to Sidari!!!

Although he said Kavos was rather uninspiring he visited a local taverna on the outskirts of Aspro Kavos which he thoroughly enjoyed. He also loved the scenery on the drive towards the south of the island too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors