Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

First Trip Advice

carneycat

Feb 8, 2015
Southport
Seasoned Corfu travellers we are giving Zante a try for first time in May.

Recommendations for places to visit and good places to eat. Going to be based in Argassi.

SusieH

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Not been for some years but I can give you a couple of tips

Avoid the rip off boat trips to the famous caves. Instead head for Keri the fishing village of the same name as the inland village. There you will find a boat which does regular trips to the Keri caves which are not full of tourist boats and just as beautiful. And if you are lucky as I was when I was snorkeling, you will come across one of the seals swimming out of the caves

I do not know where you are staying, mist be able to give you more info if you tell us where

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Hi we went to Zante last year after 15 years to Corfu it was nice to have a break and visit new places. We stayed in Tsilivi St Johns villas.

Visit Marathonisi you can get a boat and see the Carreta turtles in a small boat you can actually touch them amazing. Also there is a little island there with a tavern on you can walk across a wooden bridge lovely!

Alikanas was a favourite little place a bit like the Cotswolds strangely even saw ducks there.

Went to the shipwreck but drove there superb scenery and quite easy to drive round Zante town is really nice and a lot cheaper for shopping than the small resorts, a lot of history. There is a train tour with guide that is good for an afternoon, the square is really lively at night.

Also just past Zante town there is a road that goes up into the mountains at the top there is a tavern and you can see the whole of Zante although you have to pay for the view had 2 mythos and a coke was 1600 Euro but was worth it could have sat there all day.

Could go on but you will have a fab time I am sure, could go on and on.

Glad we had a change although we are back to Corfu July going to alternate from now on.

Sedgi

carneycat

Feb 8, 2015
Southport
Great thanks for the information.

We tried Kefalonia for the first time last summer and loved it so going back there for my 50th late August.

LOVE Corfu but was very nice to visit a new island hence why we thought we would give Zante a trip (still cheeky trip to Corfu on the pipeline for October though!!)

Did you do any organised trips and which car firm did you use.

Sorry for all the questions but any good tips in the resort for nice meal also??

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Did not do any organised trips as we had the car for 2 weeks, hired the car from Tsilivi where we were staying. Can not remember the company will ask the hubby.

Cheaper to book trips yourself and lovely little island.

Tsilivi has amazing places to eat mainly Calypso food was great tried to go else where but kept getting drawn back.

Molly Mallones for entertainment was great and the golf place was great first tried cheeky Vimto there.

Argassi has a lovely beach with an old bridge only went there for a day but quite a busy resort, should have plenty for you to do and lots of tavernas.

Sedgi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors