Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Countdown To Sidari 2016

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Poor old Sidari has had no posts since September last year. Usually picks up after the New Year, so I'll get the ball rolling. 134 days and counting. We were only there in September but it seems a long time ago already.<div>
</div><div>
</div>

Mar 29, 2015
Carlisle
Hi Flynnmo yes starting to look forward to our hols in Sidari 3rd June for a week staying at Paradise and 2 weeks 29th July staying at Terezas. We have had a awful winter in Cumbria it has rained nearly every day now since start of November and a weather warning for this weekend
so looking forward to Corfu in 2016

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Counting the days to September for two weeks - we keep saying we should go somewhere else for our recharging the batteries time of year, but then I think about not going home to Sidari for a year and I just cannot do it
<div>
</div><div>We have been going nearly every year for 8 years and we love it, we know what are getting, we know we will have a lovely chilled time and we have made a few lovely friends over the years and after going to a few other Countries along the way and being disappointed in some, it makes more sense to spend our well deserved recharging of the batteries time in a Country that we know so well and love so much
</div>

G

Need to check me ticker...
Yep, 27 days to go. Well, 28 to actually arrive.

Nice to see the back of Caesar's was finally rebuilt last year. Though I didn't see too many people in it... Just a big hairy lazy dog... Though there was always something rather unique about what looked like a bit of Pripyat* in the middle of the resort...

Still not decided where's best for the Pork Gyros Pitta though. The place in the centre opposite the church grounds is pretty good, but has anyone got an outstanding favourite?

Need some more suggestions for exceptional restaurants too. The Orchard for me has the most outstanding dishes, with spuds, veg and fruit grown right on the premises. I like El Greco for its grilled dishes, and Mediterraneo has great steaks. And the Chinese that's over the bridge and backs onto the beach just before Canal d'Amour is outstanding, with a huge chunky prawn battered right onto its prawn toast! Though you have to beg and plead with them if you want your hot'n'sour soup to actually be spicy. There's a great pizza place on the road back to Corfu - Venezia I think - but it's a fair old walk out past the villas and a couple of other 'Pizzeria' signs.

Maybe some more suggestions to try out toward's Canal d'Amour? It's a hell of a trek from the Monika at the opposite end, but there are a lot of places out that way that I haven't tried.

Paradise at the crossroads serves an outstanding Moussakas, but apart from The Orchard, I haven't found any really good Greek country cooking. I see far too many other places with near-identical tourist-friendly menus like you see all over Greece that really don't inspire me to pop in.

*(Chernobyl)

flynnmo

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
For me, Alecko's oppos. the church for gyros. You're right about Venezia, love it. Also at that end, up behind the garage on the Magoulades road, there's Bavias - traditional home cooked food, open all year round and frequented by the locals. Salt n Pepper also there - haven't actually used this one but has a good reputation. Going out the other end - past The Orchard, always a favourite, keep going towards Peroulades and try Bikolis, owned and run by the lovely Eleni and Nikos. Or splash out on a taxi and head up to Ilias Taverna in Avliotes - fab food and spectacular views. - 11 days and counting - yayyy!!!<div>
</div>

flober

Jan 11, 2012
jarrow
26 days now ... its getting there. Gyros got to be that one at the church. Orchard will be getting a few visits as well.<div>See yous there
</div>

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
My friend and I are coming for a week on Friday 8 July. We only booked it on Friday so don't have long to wait 😀. We are staying at the Alkion Hotel where we have stayed twice before. My husband and I got married in 2010 there on 3 June 2010 and had a lovely time at the Orchard Taverna following. We haven't been back since September 2011. So looking forward to it. Won't be the same without Jim but at least the cat will have company. Has there been many changes?

Jan 11, 2012
England
My husband and I returned from Canal d'amour/Sidari on the 10th July. We had a fab two weeks with plenty of sunshine, nice meals and lots of alcohol. It was lovely to see old friends and we both felt that the area seemed more lively than the last few years. I think most people head to the strip of an evening as the bars in Canal d'amour are still quiet. We noticed a new restaurant 'Freda's', MaRaaBoo a little cocktail bar had just opened and our favourite The Family has moved premises and is just lovely, they have ten more tables. Marcos and his wife worked so hard over the winter to get it up and running, it had been empty for 7 years. This was our 14th year and all being well we will be back next year. We usually take euros but this year I got a Halifax Clarity card and withdrew cash three times I got just under 1.21 and 1.20 in resort the highest was 1.18 and lowest 1.13 less commission.</span>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors