Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Buses From Igoumenitsa

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Thank you explaining this to me. I knew it wouldn't be straight forward!!
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div></div>
<div>I have looked on the KTEL Thesprotia site and don't see a booking form but I did find an e-mail address. </div>
<div></div>
<div>I have e-mailed them (in English) asking the question so let's hope that they come back to me. I am not confident enough with my Greek to phone them up!</div>
<div></div>
<div>The website does gives details of a thrice daily service to Parga so after more research I have found that I could do the journey in hops:-</div>
<div></div>
<div>Igoumenitsa - Parga</div>
<div>Parga - Preveza</div>
<div>Preveza - Lefkada Town etc</div>
<div></div>
<div>However there is a lot of hanging around at each stop for a connection and would not get into somewhere like Nidri until very late at night. I hope we don't have to go down that route!</div>
<div></div>
<div>best wishes</div>
<div>Terry</div>
<div></div>
<div></div>

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
Sorry not to have come back earlier as I said I would- water company cut all our lines for 4 days...clearing backlog of work emails and will answer your queries as far as I can tomorrow!

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
Right, just spent a very pleasant half hour Googling...
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Bus from Igoumenitsa 11.30am on Mondays and Fridays. Journey takes about 1 and a half hours. Very helpful man said ring KTEL Igoumenitsa when you are in Corfu to reserve a seat on it, although he does not think the bus is ever full! So, all you need is a friendly Greek speaker and problem solved. Get a ferry from Corfu not later than 9.30am and you will be fine, it is only 5 minutes walk to the bus depot</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Buses from Prevesa to Lefkada are...15.00 17.00 and 20.00 (short journey but quite attractive past the old castles the Venetians built to guard the island- they called it Santa Mauro).</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>From Lefkas down to Ithaca, Zakynthos and Cephalonia ferries are run by Ionian Pelagos lines (website in English if you click the union jack logo). The timetable is clear.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Suggest not going to Patras but cross to Astakos. From there you can pick up the 13.00 bus Messolonghi, which connects with the bus from Messolonghi to Galaxidi which leaves at 14.30.</DIV>
<DIV>Spend the night in Galaxidi (one of Greece's hidden jewels, absolutely stunning). Look at its website. From there you can get the bus the beautiful route to Athens, passing through the middle of the fabulous site of Delphi, on through the ski resort of Arachova, and then the valley which is known as the breadbasket of Greece as it is so fertile, and so on into Athens.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Alternatively if you do get to Patras there are two buses a day from there to Galaxidi- one at 12.30 and one at 18.00. The journey takes about 2 and a half hours.</DIV>

TerryintheWest

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Absolutely fabulous!!

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>A lot to take in and research. When we are in Sidari, we'll ask Spiros in the Aquarius or Jenni to make the call for us.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>many many thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>Terry</DIV>

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
Sorry, forgot to say that when I rang KTEL Igpoumenitsa he said there is now a bus at 11.30am EVERY DAY Mondays to Fridays from Igoumenitsa to Lefkada. I asked if this could change in September and he said no.
<div></div>
<div></div>Phone no: KTEL Igoumenitsa 2665022309

janmanessi

Jan 11, 2012
Greece
Think for peace of mind I would aim for a Friday or Monday, but call from Corfu and your minds will be put at rest. Incidentally I found all the KTEL offices very helpful indeed. Good luck!</font>

TerryintheWest

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
We had sort of settled on leaving Corfu on a Monday or Friday. We were toying with the Skyexpress flight to Preveza on a Saturday but have now dropped that idea. I'm still picking through the information that you gave me earlier. At the moment, I can get myself into Astakos and out of Galaxidi but it's the bit in the middle that I'm working on. Hours of fun!

<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>However we may not get off Corfu!

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Absolutely fabulous! In hindsight five weeks was a bit too long but what an adventure!
<div></div>
<div>The bus to Lefkada from Igoumenitsa was the worry point but we caught it with minutes to spare. The bus station in Igoumenitsa has now been moved down the road which we didn't know about but we got there in the end. Before that and after that, travelling around the islands was brilliant! </div>
<div></div>
<div>We have already booked flights to Rhodes for next year to bounce around the southern islands for a fortnight.</div>

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors