Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Back After 12 Years

sharonuk

Oct 10, 2013
Hi we are planning on coming back to Sidari after 12 years. We plan to stay at the Zafiris resort which again will be the same hotel as before and as its in one of the best sites Canal d Amour. We think its going to be just the same nice and quiet but just a small walk away from all the bars and such thing is after 12 years things change so I would really like to know, is the area still nice and quiet or has it gone like Sidari beach is and too commercial, what do you guys think? We are late 40s early 50s couple and are taking no children with us this time does Sidari still fit in with our plans?
Thanks again newcomer Sharon

Feb 9, 2013
north yorkshire
Hi Sharon,
We have been to Corfu every year for the last 26 years, last 10 years to Sidari, isn't Zafiras now all inclusive with First Choice?
You will have no problem with the canal end, its got a lot busier over the years but still more laid back than the strip, although we have made a lot of friends over the years so do go to the strip every night we are there as its mainly restaurant owners & staff we are friends with.
As to your ages well we are 70 & 72 & still enjoy Sidari, must admit we do try & leave the strip before 10pm.
One thing I am sure of Sharon you will still be made very welcome as the Greek people are just the same lovely people as they've always been despite the hardship a lot are facing, enjoy have a great holiday & let us all know how you went onPat x

Jan 11, 2012
England
We don't really bother with the strip at night, we stay in the Canal d'Amour area and like to eat and drink there. The bars have become quieter over the last couple of years but it suits us (56 & 57). Zafiris is now all inclusive through First Choice and gets mixed reviews. We book easyjet flights from Luton and book direct with Olgas which is not far from Zafiris. Kanali is with Thomson and isn't all inclusive and is just round the headland from Zafiris.
<div>
</div><div>We have just booked our flights and apartment for next year, can't wait.</div>

sharonuk

Oct 10, 2013
Hi,<div>A big thank you for your replies. I have now booked Zafiris resort 2 weeks 23rd June till 8th July all inclusive which to be very honest this will be our first ever all included holiday but after thinking about it and weighing the pros and cons then we agreed to do it. The hotel itself has very good write ups and another popular site give it 4.5 out of 5 stars and yes we have been before and really did enjoy the place.
Great to hear the canal area is still nice and relaxed, cant wait to see the place after sooo long.
We love to enjoy ourselves like everybody else but feel that once in our room need the peace and quiet of the night not the thumping noise of todays music.
Like I said we weighed up the choice of all inclusive and accommodation only and got a real good deal so that's the reason, also the final say was because of our holiday this year in Portugal, god that is so expensive now. Anyways wont be staying at our hotel every day that for sure and also I do love the beach instead of the pool and I also have fond memories of us all getting some push bikes and riding down to the village stopping every so often. Another good thing about Corfu as you are walking or riding along the roads and you come along a hotel out of the way but really nice is that you can go in, buy a drink, have a chat with all the people around the pool and use there pool then after just wave good bye and carry on. Its so nice. Yes the Greeks are great people and very so with the children. Thanks again.
Sharon
</div>

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
We are returning to Zafiris beginning of June for the 4th year running. We first went when they were self catering and were unsure about all inclusive, but it was great. The food is always fresh and available, enough choice for all diets and if there isn't anything you can eat they will sort something out for you. The staff there are fantastic. Most of the poor reviews are where they haven't asked for problems to be sorted. If there is anything you need just talk to Barbie or Martin and they will try their best to sort it for you. We found that cost wise it actually works out cheaper and we always treat ourselves to at least one meal/night out off site. Going back each year is like visiting family, always welcomed and very friendly. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors