Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Always Beautiful!

Jan 11, 2012
none selected
Just back from Agios Georgios North, which is still as lovely as ever in my humble opinion. Dined for lunch at our new favourite, Dionysus in Afionas - different and a bit more upmarket, stunning location and views, with excellent and often surprising food. Also love Nausica (AG) for tasty home cooked food and good conversation with Arsenus, the owner. For lunch, sometimes downstairs at Maria's Shack, his daughter's place. Ta Dixtia (AG) for friendly service from George and Theo, and good fayre right on the beach.<div>
</div><div>Wildlife was wonderful, even saw a fox for the first time in Corfu along with fireflies, Jays, Goldfinch, Honey buzzards, Green lizards, "Disney" frogs (!), tadpoles, and beautiful emerald green damselflies with black wings. We have swallows nesting on our balconies again that never cease to entertain us with their nattering and relentless hard work. Woodchat shrikes in the garden too. The bay was stunning, and never ceases to fill up my senses with sights and smells, tastes and obviously the wonderful warmth of the sun. </div><div>
</div><div>Do visit Agios Georgios North if you need relaxation, recharging, and love nature and good food. With Arillas just along the next bay for a bit more shopping choice, more excellent tavernas and a few bars if you like, you cannot go wrong.</div><div>
</div><div>Jane</div>

Yamas

Jan 11, 2012
Scotland
Lovely post Wishiwas,<div>
</div><div>We love going to Ta Dixtia too - food is lovely and staff great.</div><div>
</div><div>Alison</div>

G

Agios Georgios is a hidden gem. Whether it's the soft sandy beach, the easily accessible sea or the cheerful but happily very Greek tavernas you'll love it. I know because I live here.

Dennis

Jan 11, 2012
England
Well described Jane !! Agios Georgios is a little tucked away gem. Like you we have just returned home after a delightful and extremely relaxing break. Met many new visitors in Theo's lounge and restaurant who were so pleased they had also found it and promised to go back !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors