Welcome To The New Forum

Claim your account

We have recently updated the forum software so if you are already a member you can claim your new forum account below.

Deedee

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
We should be enjoying the latter half of a two week stay in Kassiopi right now but we're not. We should be introducing the friends who were coming with us, who would have been first time visitors, to the delights of the island. We are missing our Corfu friends, the scenery and the food. My holiday clothes are hanging unworn & forlorn. My euro debit card and last year's left over euro cash are languishing unused in a draw. On Friday we lost a trip we had booked to Italy for Christmas when the supplier went bust. We don't know for sure at this time whether holidays abroad will be possible later this year. Even if they are having to quarantine for two weeks on return to the UK could make them a non starter for many of us.

We feel in need something to look forward to so we have taken what might be considered a leap of faith (in our tour operator staying in business and in Abta/Atol protection if they don't). Rather than request a refund we have accepted a credit voucher and re-booking incentive from our tour operator and re-booked the holiday we should be having now for 2021. Hopefully we will have a year of mostly anticipation & planning rather than mostly worry about whether it will go ahead. Anyone else booking or re-booking for next year?

Last edited:

sue avrio

Jan 11, 2012
essex/kalami
I have a house in Kalami which i rent out when when family and friends are not using it. We are looking at a fairly substantial loss of income this year but out of our control. Regular guests have transferred bookings to 2021 and we appreciate the leap of faith. The loss of income is felt even more by Greek property owners who have already borne the fall out of the economic problems followed by Brexit. Bear with us folks things can only get better .....

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
Let’s hope 2021 brings sunshine and the ability to travel safely back to this beautiful island .. our booking will be cancelled by Villaplus for 5th June closer to the date, we will request a refund and put this by for our next holiday whenever that may be..keep safe Corfu 💙

Jan 11, 2012
West Midlands
I think they may have a backlog Jilly, we were due to go last Monday with Villaplus not heard anything from them yet? Hoping to hear from them soon, we will also request a refund for next holiday as soon as possible :cool:

Jan 11, 2012
West Midlands
Received a full refund today from Villaplus, (the day we were due to fly home) must say they are a great company we have been using them for years. I only hope they can recover form this horrible crisis. I will be booking with them as soon as possible.

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
Received a full refund today from Villaplus, (the day we were due to fly home) must say they are a great company we have been using them for years. I only hope they can recover form this horrible crisis. I will be booking with them as soon as possible.
Did they refund to the method of payment you used for original booking or could you ask to bank transfer to a different card or bank account ?

Jan 11, 2012
West Midlands
The refund was to cards I paid with. Deposit to my debit card and final balance to credit card. They never got in touch with me so not sure if you could do that because they are asking people not to call or email because of the high volume they have to get through. Hope this helps!

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
The refund was to cards I paid with. Deposit to my debit card and final balance to credit card. They never got in touch with me so not sure if you could do that because they are asking people not to call or email because of the high volume they have to get through. Hope this helps!
Thanks we will have to think how best to use the money if sitting as a credit on my credit card. that’s a lot of online treats we will be ordering lol.

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
Received a full refund back to our cards on which would have been halfway through our two week holiday with Villaplus .. excellent service no communication needed only email from them stating holiday cancelled and money would be refunded.

Jan 11, 2012
West Midlands
Great news, I agree excellent company feel very safe booking with them. I have had email for balance for holiday in September, so I will use refund and fingers crossed it may happen. Have you thought of booking for later this year?

Jan 11, 2012
United Kingdom
We had booked ( for a different island :sneaky:) But felt we didn't want to go this year and Tui have agreed to put the money paid over to next year, took some sorting out mind you, and we are coming back to Kalami. Hooray :cool:
Roll on 2021

jilly2

Jan 11, 2012
Berkshire
Great news, I agree excellent company feel very safe booking with them. I have had email for balance for holiday in September, so I will use refund and fingers crossed it may happen. Have you thought of booking for later this year?
Won’t be rebooking for now .

Ricla58

Jul 2, 2020
This is the fist year over nearly 25 years we haven't got to Kassiopi. We have managed to change the booking for June next year and are now awaiting flights to come out. I just wonder how safe things will be next year ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors